Tenda wireless routers are efficient, secure, and proactive at offering robust signals and a broad connectivity range. The Tenda AC1200 AC6 is an intelligent dual-band Wi-Fi router supporting the fifth-generation Wi-Fi standard 802.11ac. It provides dual-band speed up to 1167 Mbps resulting in high-speed internet speed to stream non-stop. It is designed with independent power amplifiers, beamforming+ intelligent technology, and 4x 5dBi HG antennas to provide the through-wall ability that directly contributes to more robust connectivity. You can set it up a wireless router that provides an internet Tenda wifi connection to all nearby devices.
These routers successfully and uninterruptedly fulfill everyday internet-related requirements while providing the best of features. Nevertheless, Tenda users may encounter problems while setting up the router as it can be tricky. Fortunately, you can find the steps for Tenda Wireless Router Setup.
STEPS TO SET UP TENDA AC1200 AC6 WIRELESS ROUTER
There can be two types of setup when it comes to setting up the Tenda wireless router. First, it can be set up as a wireless router that provides an internet Tenda wifi connection to all nearby devices. Second, it can be set up as an access point or repeater to provide an internet Tenda wifi connection to carry the internet connection to the devices farther from the router’s physical position. Setting up a router for wireless networks helps extend the coverage area of the Wi-Fi network as it receives existing Wi-Fi signals, amplifies them to reach further distance, and then transmits the boosted signals to nearby devices. You can find more information in the Tenda AC21200 AC6 Manual, which you typically receive along with the printer, but you also can download it on the internet. Please see the steps for setting up the wireless network and repeater below.
Setting Up The Tenda AC1200 AC6 Wireless Router
The first step to utilize the commendable features of the Tenda router is to set it up in your home or office. After you set up the Wireless Router, you will connect to the wireless network and utilize the high-speed internet. Please follow the steps on setting up the Tenda wireless router below.
- First and foremost, plug in the router in the power socket to switch it on.
- Now, insert one end of the Ethernet cable from the internet source (modem, ONT) to the port4 (WAN) port and the other end into the Port4 (WAN) port that you can find at the back of the router.
- Open the internet browser of your choice on a laptop or computer, enter 192.168.0.1 in the URL, and press Enter to launch the Quick Setup Wizard Page.
- Click on the Start button next to set up your Wi-Fi settings; you can find the Wi-Fi settings in the next few steps.
- Switch the Transmit Power: Low to Transmit Power: High
- Select a name for your Wi-Fi network and then change your Wi-Fi password followed by Tenda wifi login password
- Choose Next after you complete making all the necessary changes.
- On the Tenda wifi login configuration page, insert your password now, and then click on the Login button.
Lastly, you can connect your Tenda Wireless router to your computer. After following the steps mentioned above, you can set up your Tenda AC1200 AC6 wireless router effectively.
Setting Up The Tenda AC1200 AC6 Wireless Router As An Access Point
You can set up the Tenda router as an access point all by yourself, only by following the steps mentioned below. Please implement all measures discussed below in order wise on your Tenda wireless router and laptop.
Step 1: Connect Your Laptop To Your Tenda Router
- The first step involves connecting your laptop or computer using an Ethernet cable
- Connect one end of the Ethernet cable to the computer and the other end to the LAN port of the router; you can find the LAN port at the back of the unit
Step 2: Tenda Wifi Router Login
- Please open your preferred web browser on your laptop or computer; Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, or Safari.
- Insert 192.168.0.1 in the URL and then press the Enter key
- You should see the Quick Setup Wizard page should open.
- Next, click on the Start button to initiate the wizard for Tenda wifi router login.
Step 3: Detect Internet Connection Type
- A Quick connection test should run on the screen to identify a connection type
- Typically, the test fails to detect an internet connection, which is expected
- Please locate the Skip option on the screen and then click on it to proceed
Step 4: Set Up The SSID And Security
- Transmit power for wireless broadcast next to process with the Tenda Wireless Router Setup
- Please select a name for SSID and then rename it
- Choose a Tenda wifi password for the SSID and then Admin account
- After you complete the settings mentioned above and then click on the Next button
- Using the new Tenda wifi password, log into the admin account
Step 5: Enable The AP mode
- The last step requires you to enable the Access point mode by choosing your router to act as an access point
- Find the AP mode icon in the Wi-Fi Settings and allow the AP to mode
- Finally, click on Save to save all recently made settings
After following all the instructions mentioned in this blog, you can quite easily use the Tenda AC1200 AC6 router effectively and use it as a robust internet connection. You can find additional information on the same in the Tenda AC12 AC6 manual. After completing all the steps mentioned above, please connect your Tenda router to your computer to complete the setup. Alternatively, you can set up the router as an access point to widen the internet area covered as would offer more range. Please note that setting up the wireless router as a repeater or access point will only carry the network and not form a new one. Hence, the network point needs to be able to handle such a significant capacity of devices.