Chatbots are software applications that work like a live human agent with the help of artificial intelligence & natural language processing. It understands what a human is looking for and then guides them to reach desired outcomes. Just like a virtual assistant with the aspect to enhance customer experience.
A well-designed chatbot uses:
- It uses existing customer conversation data to understand what type of questions do people asks
- After then it analyzes exact answer match with some training periods
- Use of NLP & machine learning is done to learn context and archive to better answer
Chatbots are an emerging technology that can help automate many customer service tasks. They work by mimicking conversations with humans to answer questions, take orders, and provide other services. Chatbots have the potential to grow in use exponentially. They are already being used to help people buy groceries, get tech support, and even learn how to speak a new language. Many different types of chatbots offer specific services to other kinds of customers. Here is your guide to the chatbots software application.
Chatbots are computer programs designed to simulate conversation with humans through textual or auditory methods. They can be used for fun or commercial use. The idea is that you have a chatbot for either providing information about your company, your products, or your services. Technology has progressed so much that the only way to keep up with it is to take an active role in its development. Chatbots are one of the ways you can stay informed on what’s new and innovative.
Convincingly designed in a way a person behaves with another conversational partner. Regular tuning and testing are required to enhance the customer experience and achieve better answering. Talking about history, Facebook first adopted chatbots in 2016. Later on, Google came up with Google Assistant. Since with the tremendous increase in the adoption many websites, social media, customer support, etc. are now used to!
Now you’re clear with “What Are Chatbots?” Let’s move further.
How Do Chatbots Work?
- Rules-based chatbots: It executes pre-drafted actions which are totally based on click actions such as “YES” or “NO”. Recognition can either be made using keywords or a group of keywords. For instance, you can set a response on “Show me red shirts”. Thus, “red shirts” is a key word and your bot will reply to the chat as you’ve set them up.
- AI chatbots: As the name says it uses artificial intelligence and natural language processing technology. With the help of AI it understands the sentence structure, then processes the information accordingly. AI doesn’t rely upon pre-drafted actions rather it first understands the question and then replies to them accurately.
After they understand your intent, the answer is being delivered based on the existing data. With time, the existing data improves that notifies AI to make a choice between correct and incorrect outcomes. Besides being powerful it requires a certain period of training. Once they get to know your business well, they are magnificently powerful.
- Live chat: It is a technology that connects your team with your potential customers. In simple words, it is a website that acts as a window to you and your team to reach prospects. It allows real time conservation in a pretty good manner. If someone is seeking help and at the same moment your team is online. Then live chat links a member of your team who will then address the prospects’ concerns.
What Are The Advantages Of Chatbots?
- To convert website traffic
As we all know, the average conversion rate in any of the sites is very low. In such conditions, to bring traffic you have to do a lot of work. One of the most effective ways is using bots to proactively answer. If the prospect feels the answer is correct you gain a qualified lead.
- To generate more qualified leads
According to a study, many landing pages are in a state of stagnation and they seem like an eternity. An effective, creative, and supportive bot in the same view as the landing page can bring more leads. It allows you to start a conversation while the reader is reading your latest blogs or posts. Put your efforts to create an interactive bot message that leads the conversation ahead.
- To enhance customer experience
Is acquiring leads enough? Or getting dozens of sales? What if the customer experience is missing? Probably, your business is increasing but not on the right path. Talking about today’s customers, they expect a great experience by your side. The reality is that customers’ expectations are increasing day by day. Therefore, having a customer support chatbot will assist you in enhancing the customer experience. With the help of bots you can ask customer validation questions like “Would you like to shop more with us?” , “Can we make a deal?”, and many more.
Why Are Chatbots Significant In Today’s Era?
- 24/7 Service
You might not be dealing with the customers in different time zones but your site does! Is it possible that you can answer prospects’ concerns all the time? Well, practically it isn’t possible. This time zone may push you backwards as you lose that lead. What can we do? Here is where chatbots come into the play. They reply to prospects even when you’re absent. Thus, in one way or another they keep them engaged with the hope to convert it into a potential lead.
- Instant Responses
You got a message from your homie on WhatsApp! How much time does it take you to reply to them? If you’re free, probably some minutes but what about when you’re busy? Waiting for a reply is something many would not like. Therefore, you need someone who could manage to reply instantly. As both work, 24/7 they can also manage to reply instantly. A fast response can bring a new lead to you. Just think of it.
- Answer To Questions (QA)
Many of the time, your consumer asks you simple questions. Thus, replying to them practically isn’t possible. Having a bot setup will cover them all leaving the customers satisfied. This puts a good impact on customers that promotes decision-making.
With the up-gradation in technology, many new things have come into existence for betterment. Chatbots are one of them and in the near future, they’re going to play the role of front workers for any site or business. Thus, adopting them early will help you later!